Sunday, July 4, 2010

Start of the second semester

The feeling of being an IITian has seeped and we are accustomed with the system by now. So the first humungous task was selection of subjects. Well this sounds a very easy thing but in IIT where you can select any subject from an array of so many subjects it’s really maddening. Figure this, out of 4 subjects I studied one was in Aerospace department, one was in Energy department and only 2 were in my department although the subject in Aerospace department was connected to my course the course in Energy was on how to harness solar energy. I swear this subject did not even have the farthest relation to what I am studying. This subject is like solar power for dummies and I took it just for the sake of grades. Because everyone knows that in the end what matters are grades! But well I studied something and sure it was interesting at the end. Another subject which ripped my mind apart quite literally was “Fracture Mechanics”. Its seems good to hear but the actual theory behind it is something which involved great concepts like singularity and complex mapping and god knows what all. It was really startling to know that to what depth has the science progressed. This subject I swear can really cause madness as can be seen from our faculty. Anyone who can master this is nothing short of an astro-physicist. Last subject was such a bore that I always stood last in all the quizzes including the last exam and barely scored well enough to keep me afloat in that subject. All said and done this finishes the academic part of this semester. (THANKS A LOT THAT THE ACADEMIC PART IS OVER)

No comments:

Post a Comment