Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lets go!

Here i pack my bags and starts the second leg of the journey. Off we go to Mumbai the city of dreams and high risers. I went to my pickup point for bus and i was the only person to board from that point. Here i was at 11:30 P.M waiting for the bus in middle of road with traffic zooming through, i went right to the travel operators office and he said that bus was late which was obvious cause they are not trained to handle buses on time. I asked how much late, it was 45 minutes late so it makes it around 12:15 A.M that's in the night in middle of road with no one around. But i had the men's most faithful friend around, a gang of few stray dogs scouting the area as if on some search operation. It was really weird to stand their, all alone with few dogs to depend on and one bus operator all shops shut and the noise of the vehicles dying out somewhere in distance. It was 12:30 in my watch, all sounds had died out, my holy friends had left me and moved forward and i finally asked the operator why is the bus late? Any gusses of what his answer was? If you thought it was due to traffic you were wrong... For those who thought due to flat tire you were thinking too practical... For those among you who think of only extremities and who thought it was due to an accident you are right. The damn bus had met with an accident on the highway. Figure this, standing in middle of night on the empty road and the operator is going to get you board a bus which had been through an accident, isn't this exciting. Well to my relief the bus looked in a far more better shape and it had brakes which were working so i boarded it. Seats had no number, here i was again in a dilemma, "Which is my seat?". I feel after my first experience with the flight i was in such a trauma that a phobia had developed wherein in was always worried about the seat. But i got a seat and here we go to Mumbai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment