Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ugly Outside Beautiful Inside

Well this are the words that i can find most appropriate for IIT Kanpur, i passed through the city to reach IIT and found that most of the civil infrastructure was deteriorating. I was dropped at the IIT Kanpur Gate and the driver recommended to do another auto. I was surprised to find that the area is so large that you really need to have a public transport system separately for the campus and they have one. I travelled with the auto from gate to inside and passing through i found lush greenery and large grounds. Well this all was maintained in the best way it can be. I finally reached my hostel and kept my bag in the allotted room. The Hostel was so large that i believe that my college would complete fit into it. It had atleast 300 rooms and their i saw the most pleasant sight of them all. After keeping the bags i came outside the room in a hurry to rush to the department and their it stood infront of me, a peacock with it feathers in full flurry and moving around. Just imagine having a full grown untamed Peacock in your hostel lawn. I saw it in disbelief but rushed as i didn't have much time. Then to my surprise i found several of this magnificient birds moving freely without any barrier around the campus. I entered the academic area and again i was greeted with surprise. I for one had never been to IIT or for that case any such institutes and here i was, fountain and long corridors and large trees and big buildings. I stood their in aw, had only watched on telivision and in movies those long corridors and this type of campus. It was really magnificient. The best center of study i had seen. I searched my department for half an hour and finally found it. Their were some 500 people and you can never tell that their were so many people as they didn't seem to matter infront of the scale of the campus. Finally after all the formalities i moved to their new hostels and they really are a place to watch. From outside they really look like hotel and from inside also they are clean and comfortable. What impressed me the most was the food and their facilites of canteen and mess which are unmatchable. Slowly i realized that it was the best of campuses which one could possibly have in India. It was really good. I cant say the same about the city and thats why the title but the campus is a real beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment